Re: [LUG] Running Word under VirtualBox 4.3.10

On 26/03/2014 17:11, Richard Brown wrote:
> If you choose to save as .doc format (and you used to be able to set this as
>> the default in Oo), then how would they know it wasn't created by Word?

1. You can set OOo or Libre Office to save in .doc or .docx format as a
default option in all recent versions. Organisation I work for uses MS
Word and Excel 2010. This can be set up as  open save in MS formats in
preferences screen of every installation.
Except for very complex documents with strange formatting of embedded
objects, this works fine for 99.9% of time.
As I get Korean/Japanese /Chinese documents,  OOo to MS word and Libre
Office to MS word sometimes comes unstuck when specific Korean/Chinese
fonts used, but I doubt you get documents from these areas, and also has
problems in even normal MS programs unless the document is saved with
the font characters used inside it.

2.MS Word  knows and will sometimes state 'incompatible'. Remember every
MS word document is capable of phoning home, when opened!
.
--
Regards
Eion MacDonald