Re: [LUG] Running Word under VirtualBox 4.3.10

Hi Guys

I think I am going to test the save as solution. My concern is that I
do work with some stupid people and they have the power to end the
job! They seem to threaten this action for sneezing! I will give it a
go!

On 26 March 2014 17:03, Simon Avery <digdilem@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 26 March 2014 16:02, Richard Brown <wildwoodslosty@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Phil and Bad
>>
>> Thanks for the replies. The wine and office option is a good one. I
>> wish I could mandate use of odf/doc format. I work with an
>> organisation who has deemed that it is not possible to open a document
>> saved via open office or libre office. T
>

> If you choose to save as .doc format (and you used to be able to set this as
> the default in Oo), then how would they know it wasn't created by Word?
>
> --

---
Richard Brown
Youth Worker, Dad and Husband