Re: [LUG] Routing around damage

On 20/03/14 21:20, Gordon Henderson wrote:
On Thu, 20 Mar 2014, Brad Rogers wrote:

On Thu, 20 Mar 2014 20:29:07 +0000
Simon Avery <digdilem@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Simon,

ISP = Internet Service Provider.

Not a police force, not a guardian of my moral welfare, not a nanny,

The law is moving towards disagreeing with that.  Govt. seems to be
pushing for ISPs to police the internet, so the police don't have to.
Worryingly, many people seem to approve.

You might find it's not the government, but the copyright holders - who then lobby the government, so it looks like the government who does the damage, but really, they're just the puppets of those who have the most money and strongest lobbying power.

Gordon

I can second this, in the US things like SOPA was defeated, however it just rears its head as something else and people like the MPAA / RIAA lobby much lounder than the free software community a one sided argument usually.

Subscribe to Demandprogress.org for regular updates as to what is going on, a heck of a lot that is putting the freedom of the internet at risk,

Paul