Re: [LUG] Routing around damage

because the one TalkTalk supply doesn't have this capability which surprises me really, I'll explain in a moment.
The reason I block torrents on MY network is because it is MY network, and anyone downloading torrents inside my network could get me into trouble with the Law for not securing my network and allowing pirate material to be downloaded.
I have stressed to my clients time and time again that they may use torrents if they MUST, but I requested that they stream the media they wish to view.
They didn't listen to a word I said so I bought myself a router that is capable.
Now, why does it surprise me that ISP's don't offer this with their routers, because if we could stamp out illegal piracy on the ISP's network that would speed things up considerably.

On 20 March 2014 19:01, Matt Lee <mattl@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 2:47 PM, Daniel Robinson <manipula@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Seriously? I just spent out Â130 on a Draytek router to block everyone
> torrenting on my network!

Why?