Re: [LUG] Routing around damage

On Thu, 20 Mar 2014 20:29:07 +0000
Simon Avery <digdilem@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Simon,

>ISP = Internet Service Provider.
>
>Not a police force, not a guardian of my moral welfare, not a nanny,

The law is moving towards disagreeing with that.  Govt. seems to be
pushing for ISPs to police the internet, so the police don't have to.
Worryingly, many people seem to approve.

I find it strange that the 1970s and beyond saw the relaxation of obscene
publications legislation, and a general lowering in standards to such an
extent that it's now possible to swear on daytime and kids TV without
problem, release songs (and sell them to teenagers) that glorify beating
women and treating them like dirt, yet the general consensus would seem
to be that most people want the internet locked down tighter than a drum.

Don't you just love double standards?

--
 Regards  _
That's what I call you