Re: [LUG] More emails problems

On 14/02/14 22:20, Neil Winchurst wrote:
On Fri, 14 Feb 2014 22:05:16 +0000
Brad Rogers <brad@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Fri, 14 Feb 2014 21:49:24 +0000
Neil Winchurst <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Neil,

1. All  my email accounts use the same SMTP server.

2. My claws email client also uses the same server but there is
works.
Which point to an error in the settings on the laptop.  Could be
anything I've already mentioned.  Without session logs, I can only
guess.

Further research shows that I have misled you (and myself). In claws
mail some sort of authentication is set up for sending mail, as follows.

SMTP authentication is ticked.

Method is Login. (There is no mention of STARTTLS)

There are spaces for User ID and Password but these are left blank. It
will then use the same user ID and password as is used for receiving
mail.

So the set up is not the same.

This does not alter the fact that in TBird all the accounts except
dcglug will send emails without any problem, and there is only the one
SMTP server set up for all of them.
Strange, I would expect them all to work or none of them.

Neil
Hi Neil,

Are all the accounts on the same domain? Is the one that doesn't work on a different domain? Have you tried removing the account and recreating it? I know the last one sounds like a Tech Support default.. sorry old habits die hard :)

Julian