Re: [LUG] More emails problems

On Fri, 14 Feb 2014 14:20:49 +0000
Brad Rogers <brad@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Feb 2014 12:03:46 +0000
> Neil Winchurst <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hello Neil,
>
> >I have several email accounts on two different web sites. I can
> >receive emails, no problem. I can send emails on all of them except
> >the following - I get an error message when I try to reply to a
> >message in from the dcglug list.
>
> From all accounts, or just one?  Is it an error between your machine
> and the email provider, or is it a "failed to deliver, no such
> subscriber" error?
>
> >This email is the start of a new thread and I expect it to go with no
> >problem. **No it will not go, I am now using claws mail to send
> >this.**
>
> A session log may prove useful.
>
> It might be beneficial to elaborate a bit on the "several email
> accounts on two different web sites" bit, too.  Is it only one
> account that can't send to dclug, for example.

Only the dcglug account has problems. All the others seem to be OK. It
seems to be asking for some authentication even though I have the port
set to 25 and no authentication.

I have just the one hosting company for both websites.

Neil

Have just tried to send this reply on my laptop via TBird and it
failed. Now using claws mail.