From: list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Neil Winchurst
Sent: 13 February 2014 15:41
To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [LUG] SMTP Port

Recently I was moved to a new server by my hosting company. Everything is fine
except emails. I can receive them ok, but I am having trouble with sending any.

So I am wondering if the SMTP port is set wrongly. I am using my laptop at the
moment which is working fine. However the desk top will not send emails. At a quick
glance I see that the SMTP port on the laptop is set at 465, the port on the desktop
is 587. And the desktop complains that it needs some authentication, although I have
it set up to not need any.

Can anyone tell me if that could be a problem and what port I should be using?

Thanks

Neil