Re: [LUG] Suggested Online Mailing List Admin please

On Thu, 13 Feb 2014, Julian Hall wrote:

Any input would be welcome. I haven't even made the suggestion to them yet, but if they do go for it I'd like to be able to say I know what I'm doing.

The alternative to mailman is majordomo - it's donkeys years old, but just works. The user interface to it might not be as polished as mailman though, but I've been running majordomo lists for over 20 years now.

If you want one, drop me a line off-list.

No matter which mail processor you use, your first task will be to persuade everyone to stop using a big To/Cc/Bcc list for museum email discussions...

Gordon