Re: [LUG] OT: Curious spam similar to Yahoo! stuff

On 13 February 2014 17:39, Martijn Grooten <martijn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 05:22:55PM +0000, Simon Avery wrote:
> I am unable to substantiate this, but I have a strong belief that Yahoo are
> complicit in selling access details to their users email accounts and
> propogating spam.

That's not my impression. They've been an active part of the
email/anti-spam community for a long time (DKIM was designed by someone
working for Yahoo). They do care.

I respect your opinion a lot, and your experience in this area outstrips mine so perhaps I'm over-critical. I don't deal with them on a daily basis, but they have failed to address what must be massively gaping holes in security for far, far, FAR longer than I would deem reasonable.

Mere incompetence is not enough excuse. I do think there are employees, and not just at grunt level, who are actively engaged in encouraging mis-use of Yahoo!'s systems and data. No other explanation, not even left/right hand infamiliarity, not simply being crap at their jobs, explains these ongoing problems (at least five years that I'm aware of) screams deliberate and concealed fraud at a corporate level.

But hey, I have no proof, so I could just be another looney shouting at boats on the river. :)