[LUG] OT: Curious spam similar to Yahoo! stuff

The spam like this via Yahoo! seems to have stopped.

Received a very similar spam email on 9th February.

Just one URL, no other content.
The URL if fetched (carefully), redirects to some sort of health site:

http://naturalhealth-care.com/

With what looks like an affiliate link.

I didn't try other user agents, but previously such redirect networks
have sometimes downloaded malware.

Recipient list includes people I know, and some people I don't, I'm
guessing all plundered from one individuals address book. I've,
unusually for me, taken a guess at whose email address book was
plundered (it was most likely the alleged senders address book) and
dropped them a note.

The email however was sent via Orange France (sigh), with the prior
received header suggesting sender was in Thailand, using a
@btinternet.com address (probably only Orange France is liberal enough
in their email policy to forward on such an obviously fake message).

Would hazard a guess, the same spammers as Yahoo!, different
methodology. Or someone copying the model closely. I don't immediately
know if the alleged sender is in Thailand, which might reduce it to a
simple Microsoft Windows virus that used the wrong sender settings and
got lucky, but seems unlikely. I guess probably a relief for Yahoo! if
the folk have moved from Yahoo, may mean that Yahoo! have finally fixed
(or effectively mitigated) the issues they had.