Re: [LUG] OT: Curious spam similar to Yahoo! stuff

On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 05:25:26AM +0000, Simon Waters wrote:
> The spam like this via Yahoo! seems to have stopped.

That's not my impression. It's not as bad as it was a year ago, but I've
seen the odd spam email from compromised account, and it's almost always
Yahoo. Just this week, I received three on my Gmail account.

> Received a very similar spam email on 9th February.
>
> Just one URL, no other content.
> The URL if fetched (carefully), redirects to some sort of health site:
>
> http:// naturalhealth-care . com/
>
> With what looks like an affiliate link.
>
> I didn't try other user agents, but previously such redirect networks
> have sometimes downloaded malware.

It's been a while since I had seen such an email download malware - and
I usually try them on a vulnerable machine.

Martijn.