Re: [LUG] OT: Curious spam similar to Yahoo! stuff

On Thu, 13 Feb 2014 17:22:55 +0000
Simon Avery <digdilem@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Simon,

>I am unable to substantiate this, but I have a strong belief that Yahoo
>are complicit in selling access details to their users email accounts

IDK about that but at the very least, they *have* to be aware of at
least one vulnerability in their system that allows so many accounts to
be hacked(1).  A vulnerability they're either unable or unwilling to
close.  If the latter is true (unwilling) then yes, they're culpable.  If
the former (unable), they're just crap.

Is it any wonder BT are doing the 10' pole thing to them.

(1) If only because account hacking must get reported to them by
multiple people on a daily basis.

--
 Regards  _
We don't need no-one to tell us what's right or wrong