Re: [LUG] OT: Dragon Naturally Speaking

On Thu 30/01/14,20:31, Mark Croft wrote:
> is there any alternative too DNS? will there ever be one that works with
> linux? or some sort of web-based solution that actually affordable?

I have written some python code that uses google's voice recognition, which I use
on linux.
My plan was to setup Sphinx, and use google voice together to train
Sphinx, as Sphinx becomes better, switch off google voice.
But I haven't done this yet.
Google voice recognition works quite well if the environment is not too
noisy.
The drawback is that you need internet access, and google will know
everything that you dictate.
It would be interesting to find someone else who might make use of it,
or help to put it all together with Sphinx.

Mesar