Re: [LUG] OT: Dragon Naturally Speaking

On 30/01/14 17:14, Julian Hall wrote:
>  On 30/01/2014 15:56, Julian Hall wrote:
>>  Hi All,
>>
>> I hope someone has experience with this software, because I have about
>> 200 pages of handwriting to dictate and DNS has decided to screw up
>> and won't unscrew itself despite threats of violence - I've been on it
>> an hour or so and thoroughly lost my temper with it.
>>
>> I was happily dictating into MS Word when suddenly all my dictation
>> came out in pink underlined italics with a bright green background.  I
>> deleted all the offending text and tried again, with the same result.
>> An hour or so later having closed both programs, scoured the Help and
>> Settings dialogues, in desperation I have had to create a new profile,
>> and this seems to have fixed the problem.  However the old one has
>> /lots/ of training in it and it's going to be a /major/ pain in the
>> proverbial if i have to start again from scratch.  Does anyone know of
>> a setting in DNS where I can fix the original profile please?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Julian
>>
> It's done it /again/.. Anyone have any ideas please because I /really/
> need this to work.  Typing all this by hand with my stuffed left hand
> /is/ possible but will take twice as long.
>
> Julian

Ouch. I can have a go at this chief, we used Dragon a lot for the
consultants back in the hospital - I don't have particularly fond
memories of it either.

What version of Dragon is it? I take it you're running it on Win7.

Have a look at this:

http://www.fixkb.com/2011/04/fixing-corrupt-dragon-profiles.html

Come back if it doesn't work.

Cheers