Re: [LUG] Have I been drinking? Government to drop MS Office...

On 30/01/14 09:46, Adrian Midgley wrote:

VNC and rdesktop etc.
I suspect MS would then argue that every Linux machine/user which could do that required a Windows client licence.  I'd have no sympathy with that if it was one at a time connection to a desktop and slight sympathy if it was a Terminal Server.

But controlled by sysadmins and documented or sidestepped by eg running a daemon process on the sequestered Windows box as a server to accept files process  them and return them that should work and be satisfactory.

From Dr Adrian Midgley's hand

I've done the latter before but  I cant see MS getting away with the former as the work would be done on the licensed machine.

Tom te tom te tom