Re: [LUG] Commandeering X

Thanks for the in-depth solution.

On 25 January 2014 19:09, bad apple <mr.meowski@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> fiddle with pulseaudio so we can have it running a single
> system-wide instance (this may well cause other problems though, be
> warned):

This gives me pause. I need to understand the implications better.

Say I follow your recipe for pulseaudio deliciousness, enjoy my fill,
and now kill my desktop session and restart mdm, and the next user who
logs in (using the greeter) is not me. Will pulseaudio be hosed for
them? To prevent that, will I now need to add a
re-enabling-default-per-user-pulseaudio incantation to my leaving
ritual? (Is that even what I would be re-enabling?)

--
Phil Hudson                  http://hudson-it.no-ip.biz
@UWascalWabbit                 PGP/GnuPG ID: 0x887DCA63