Re: [LUG] OT: Updating windows was Re: CentOS and it's useful lack of network on boot

On 16/01/14 15:17, Simon Avery wrote:

 I also wish that just
writing bash scripts for Windows was a proper option, and whilst I'm at,
I'd like a pony too.

Psst, might be able to help you there, guv...

http://www.mareandfoal.org/rehoming-list/see-horses-available/

I used to write loads of stuff in vb - once it got OO you could have a lot of fun. I used to piss of the systems manager by writing extensions to all the things he wanted to spend a fortune upgrading so he could get out on training. Often the only way to get exchange working after it corrupted itself was to spend a weekend in squashing and squeezing the db - or use vb to dump it to a a csv file and read it in again.
MS did seem to move the goal posts all the time tho....
Tom te tom te tom