Re: [LUG] CentOS and it's useful lack of network on boot

On 15/01/2014 21:27, Martin Gautier wrote:

On 15/01/14 21:05, Rob Beard wrote:
hassle on Ubuntu/Linux Mint running it's own copy of DNSMasq and
pointing to OpenDNS with their annoying DNS hijacking and adverts
Yep. DNSMasq is one of my first set of automatic removals - it stinks!

It's news about this OpenDNS thing though. Is that an Ubuntu default?
I've not seen it...

Martin

I actually used to run DNSMasq on my server, but I installed it, and it worked quite well providing basic DNS to my small home network (and blocking some sites read from a hosts file) but I found the Ubuntu version seemed to disregard what DHCP was telling it to use (i.e. my home DNS server) and went and used OpenDNS.

To be fair it doesn't seem to have caused me an issue in Mint in a while.

Rob