Re: [LUG] DNS (was CentOS and it's useful lack of network on boot)

I've seen references to DNSMasq, but never took the time to actually look it up. It
looks like a useful bit of software to me - I can change a laptop's hosts file to
refer to our Myth pc, but that doesn't help "smart" phones... hmmm..

So, what's the issue with it?

I also haven't had any problems with OpenDNS. I use it along with DNSCrypt
(http://dnscrypt.org/) fine, so I'm not sure what the hijacking issue is either?
(Apart from a reference to a Dell / Google workaround...)

It appears that some OpenNIC sites are supporting DNSCrypt too
(http://wiki.opennicproject.org/Tier2), so I guess everything can be combined.

DNSMasq on 1 dedicated DNS "server" using DNSCrypt to resolve external queries via
OpenNIC??

My initial - one evening - test feels like OpenNIC is slower than OpenDNS and I had
a few issues with some sites, but that might be something to do with Firefox cache.

I'll see what happens over the next few days