Re: [LUG] distribution with good 386 support

On 09/01/14 20:32, Simon Avery wrote:
>> four cores pretty much junk at this point. With a bit of patience an
>> Intel quad Q6600 can be had from Ebay for about a tenner.
>>

> Funnily enough, I put the old cpu from my home server onto ebay to see if
> it was worth posting on, and it's at £18 with a day to go.
>
> Not bad for a second-hand 2.8ghz dual core
> G840<http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281238753363?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649>
> !

"Dartymoor" :]

“As new perfect condition.”*

*This CPU has absolutely *not* been pulled from the home server of a
Linux enthusiast where it has been running full-tilt and screaming hot
for it's entire life. Honest guv :]

To be fair, you do need to be patient to pick up something like a Q6600
for that kind of bargain - there are plenty of people doing "buy it now"
on those models for as much as £40-£60, not that I'd pay that much for
one. At £18 already, your G840 is doing pretty well!

Cheers