Re: [LUG] flash - which distro

On 06/01/14 21:17, Simon Waters wrote:

>> On 6 Jan 2014, at 20:48, Paul
>
>> Any suggestions,   ok flash Isn't ideal for stuff but if some distros
>> give better performance than others then I can get back with something
>> useful based on real experiences of other users.

There's also the pipelight framework pre-compiled for most distributions
(or you can easily compile it yourself if you're using something
particularly obscure), which enables you to use various windows plugins
under Linux based browsers. The chief advantage is that you can use the
Windows flash plugin which is considerably more advanced than the Linux
version. Linux flash has only been receiving rudimentary security
patching since 11.2 and none of the new features.

I've been using it quite extensively with no issues, chiefly because
it's the only sane method of accessing flash-dependent sites like C4OD
under Linux.

http://fds-team.de/cms/pipelight-installation.html

Regards