Re: [LUG] flash - which distro

> On 6 Jan 2014, at 20:48, Paul

> Any suggestions,   ok flash Isn't ideal for stuff but if some distros
> give better performance than others then I can get back with something
> useful based on real experiences of other users.

As Matt notes Google's pepper flash is where stuff has been happening. Typically the
question is which graphics card you have and how well supported it is.

I can imagine distros with current drivers for graphics cards might make a
difference, but most distros have a way of getting newer kernels where desired.

As soon as you start doing more offloading graphics  processing to dedicated
hardware you get weird performance results where quite slow systems outperform much
bigger PCs. Last year some folk were poking Chrome's GPU settings to squeeze more
hardware optimisation out of their graphics cards. Interesting but Google may be
disabling these with good reasons. I've no idea if this works well.