Re: [LUG] facebook group

On 28/12/13 16:24, Simon Avery wrote:
> The mailing list is the heart of the lug. I doubt many would argue
> that or wish to change it.
>
> I have no issue with Facebook and use it a lot. (Just accept that
> anything you post on there is no longer yours)
>
> I have "liked" the DCLUG "group" some time ago, but it's worth noting
> this is not a "group" in the Facebook sense. It's just a page. You
> can't join it, it doesn't show in your list of groups. This setup is
> generally used by businesses to broadcast, rather than a community to
> discuss. Perhaps that's the intent and if so, fine. From the messages
> in there, many won't use Facebook so it won't ever replace the list
> and perhaps having a Facebook Lug community would split part of the
> community off, so probably best left as it is.
>
> I rarely visit the website(s) any more but if a plugin to auto-post
> articles/pages to facebook was added, it would help me keep abreast of
> things.  Certainly the website(s) should remain and be a center for
> news and information, including interesting articles, because it's
> searchable and a reference in a way neither list nor facebook can ever be.

I think that it is possible to subscribe the list to the blog, as in
anything posted to the blog on the WP is automatically sent to the
list.  I am not sure how to do this.

http://dcglug.drogon.net/

scroll down and you can subscribe to the blog via e-mail

Maybe this should be first step, so the list can be kept up to date with
blog posts

Paul

http://www.zleap.net

Torbay Raspberry Pi Jam 11th Jan 2014 - http://dcglug.drogon.net/torbay-pi-jam/

I am committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable groups and
expect any school or establishment I am involved with to share this commitment.