Re: [LUG] facebook group

On Sat, 28 Dec 2013, Philip Hudson wrote:

Did I just volunteer? OK, if anybody can provide me with a sudo-enabled
shell account on a suitable virtual server somewhere (debian-esque for
preference), with a solid offsite backup regime already in place, I'll take
on setup and admin as an ongoing responsibility. I'd like to have a
"sleeping" deputy with full access as a precaution. The DCGLUG group will
be one of the first things set up. It's then up to each member to choose
whether to propagate their individual posts to FB, Twitter etc. Diaspora
supports cross-posting to other services as a per-post, per-server option.
In other words, you can (but you don't have to) send any post you make on
Diaspora simultaneously to FB and/or Twitter. You also can (but don't have
to) limit each post's visibility within Diaspora to arbitrarily
fine-grained groups or sub-groups that you set up yourself or subscribe to.

Or we just stick to the mailing list.

Gordon