Re: [LUG] Mint 15 falsely claims / is full

On 09/12/13 18:22, bad apple wrote:
On 09/12/13 17:57, Julian Hall wrote:

Funny you should mention DVD automount errors.. guess what still only
works when it feels like it? :)

Julian

Yeah, I really was totally confident that the error would resolve to
your /var/log having overflowed root completely, mostly due to your DVD
issue... which is still really annoying me. There has to be a reason for
this, especially as the unit works perfectly every time under Windows if
I remember rightly.

Did you report back on whether or not when the drive doesn't automount,
can you then manually mount it via something like:

sudo mount /dev/sr0 /media/cdrom && nemo /media/cdrom &

I'd suspect that would work, unless there is something even stranger
going on. Try it when you get a chance (obviously change the mount
points to something that actually exists on your box, and substitute
nemo for nautilus, thunar or whatever other file browser you prefer) and
either way, check the last couple of lines of dmesg and /var/syslog
straight afterwards to see if they have anything of interest.

We *must* be able to make this work somehow, I hate loose ends like this.

Regards
You and me both! :)

I tried automountng as suggested and got the below output..

julian@Cerce ~ $ sudo mount /dev/sr0 /media/cdrom && nemo /media/cdrom &
[1] 4741
julian@Cerce ~ $

I tried nautilus and got 4806 command not found..

Julian