Re: [LUG] Mint 15 falsely claims / is full

On 09/12/13 14:11, stinga wrote:
On 09/12/13 13:29, Martijn Grooten wrote:
On Mon, 9 Dec 2013, Tom wrote:
But sda8 is to all intents and purposes full so do an analysis of it.

Indeed. (And it's not an issue with the number of inodes.)

du -k|sort -rn|more

Have you deleted a file that is being help open by another process?
Have you rebooted the machine? (would fix the deleted file issue)

Got it!

Many thanks for all the help guys!

There was a 4.9Gb tar of a system backup that had gone onto the /media/HERA folder instead of onto media/julian/HERA which is my NAS as it was supposed to. I'm going to blame user error for that one.. evidently in my newbieness I set the destination wrongly in the backup application.

So Mint wasn't wrong, I was.. predictably. What confused me was Mint's GUI Disk Usage Analyser which seemed to be claiming the problem was with Gandalf - I really need to sort these drive names out! - which is an entirely different partition :)

Anyway, problem solved so thanks all :)

Julian