Re: [LUG] New Laptop

On Mon, 2 Dec 2013 16:56:25 -0500, Matt Lee <mattl@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Get yourself a X201, 8Gb of RAM and a reasonable sized SSD. You should
> get all that for around 400.
>
> X201 -- around 250 (seems like 4Gb is pretty standard)

I didn't really rate the X201 too much myself, but I think that was down
to some poor experiences with the hardware and Windows 7 (at a place I used
to work at).  To be fair I never did get to try Linux on it, it could have
just been really bad drivers on Windows 7 that caused the issues.

The newer X series machines were very nice though, and I still have fond
memories of the X61 I had for work.

Rob