Re: [LUG] New Laptop

Hi

On 2 December 2013 22:09, bad apple <mr.meowski@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> But then again, if you don't have a full-on workstation either, and
> this laptop will be your main/only computer for the next five years
> day in, day out for everything you do: well, surely you'd be mad not
> to invest a fair chunk of change in it. In that situation, even I'd be
> tempted to splash a grand on a Retina MacBook Pro myself, although I'd
> linux it up immediately.
>
> Decisions, decisions eh?
>
> The rest of them seem to like ThinkPads, and they are good machines:
> it's one of the few laptop makes that I almost never have dropped off
> to me for repairs, because they are really hard to break. They're not
> as good since Lenovo took over but you could do a lot, lot worse.
> Ignore everyone telling you to buy a laptop from some obscure boutique
> though, that's a dumb idea.

Thanks for the advice. I haven't a desktop mostly because I live in a
van at the moment. Shortly to move into a house. I think your advice
has helped because I can get a desktop in February. So I can get my
ThinkPad and not worry too much about specs and get a desktop in
February to do the main work.

Thanks to everybody for helping in this discussion. Looks like an x201
for me. Anyone know of one for sale?
--
Richard Brown
Youth Worker