Re: [LUG] Hardware Encrypted SD

And before I forget, ensure that there is a separate backup copy. A single SD card can easily fail. A single hard drive can fail as well. Also, you should look into SMART monitoring on hard drives so that you can have scripts in a cron job keep track of any information from that you should be aware of. (Basically get SMART data, pick out certain fields and apply a simple text processing script to see if what's in that field is ok.)

OT: On another note, I often like to write simple instructions, either for myself or others, on a site at my webhost, called thewikiman.allsup.co. It's a simple wiki (that is, it's 440 lines php, 200 lines css, 130 lines javascript) with all sorts of random pages on. I've written one:
     http://thewikiman.allsup.co/IntroBashPartOne
that is a beginning of a type-in style introduction to Bash. I learned by typing stuff in, seeing what happened, and learning (and in the mid to late 90s, that's was about the only way when accessing the internet was a half-hour walk to uni), rather than having loads of theory to read, and this is an attempt to do likewise. Historically, I grew up on an 8bit Amstrad CPC, and in those days magazines had type-in programs (sometimes 'pokes' for games, sometimes programs to do something interesting), and learned a lot by wondering what each line did.

You can also go to http://thewikiman.allsup.co/rc to see recent changes, many of which at the present time are notes about how to do things with Linux.

John