Re: [LUG] Pi mystery

On Tue, 26 Nov 2013, Philip Hudson wrote:

On 25 November 2013 21:18, Gordon Henderson <gordon+lug@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

There is no ROM startup screen.

Where does the code live that puts up a screen saying "Press Shift for
recovery mode" or equivalent? On the card? That would suggest to me that
the card was mounted and readable and it still didn't boot.

The only thing I'm aware that does that is the code that sets overclocking and the message is: Checking if shift key is held down

So if you're Pi is getting that far, then Linux is very much loaded and running...

start.elf checks for the I2C lines being shorted to 0v at boot time and if they are, then emergency_kernel.img is loaded instead of kernel.img.

Gordon