Re: [LUG] Passion

On 19/11/2013 11:41, Tremayne, Steve wrote:
And how was it? :o)

I use VLC to rip CDs... never thought of using it to digitise those old VHS videos...

It's a great bit of software.

Interesting, I never thought of using VLC to rip CDs. Saying that, I love the command line, so ripping from an analogue video source before I've used Mencoder (or in one case, I have an MPEG encoder card so I just dd from /dev/video0 to a file an it makes a fairly compliant MPEG file :-D).

It's one of the things I love about Linux, so many ways of doing things.

Rob