Re: [LUG] slightly OT - cabinet air conditioning.

Hi Simon,

It looks like the high-power incandescent bulbs
are being phased out first.
So the thing to go for is 2 x
40W bulbs, connected in series to lessen the
thermal shock
from starting up. Because of the way filament lamps work,
their
current is almost constant, irrespective of supply
volts (except at the bottom
end). There is a shop in Newton
Abbot which says two fingers to european
regulations, they
will sell you any power you like, bayonet contact or

Edison screw. So I don't think you will have a supply
problem in the medium
term.

Regards etc,
Ray Knowles.

<list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subj: Re: [LUG] slightly OT - cabinet
air conditioning.

Henderson <gordon+lug@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> I'm
thinking of building a proving cupboard for my breads too -
it'll probably be a 40 watt lightbulb at the bottom of an
insulated cupboard...

>The slow cooker we have uses a
100W lightbulb as the heating element. Guess that sums up
the efficiency of incandescent bulbs. Although my first
though was what happens when you can't easily buy them
anymore, which is silly as I bet everyone else has a drawer
full of obsolete lightbulbs too.

>Tom may be over-
engineering the guitar storage. One mistake, or weak solder
point, and they'll could up in a sauna cabinet. Something a
nice cedar lined cabinet would likely never do.