Re: [LUG] Gparted questions

On 18/10/13 16:43, Neil wrote:
On 18/10/13 15:04, Tom wrote:

Make sure you know which partition has Mint on. Go for the install -
when it asks you where you want to install it go into 'manual' and make
the old mint partition the root partition. It will probably reuse the
swap partition but make it swap otherwise.
Tom te tom te tom

Thanks for all the help and info. I have installed the new version in place of Mint. What I did was select that partition and remove it. This left me with the free space on which to put the new version. So my dual boot now is for Xubuntu v 13.04 or v 13.10, which is what I wanted.

This version 13.04 of Xubuntu does seem pretty good so far, now that I have got it to my liking for layout. The only thing I haven't bothered with yet is Thunderbird. That will take a while as I have several accounts to set up, all IMAP. I do get the impression that v 13.10 is faster than the older one and that is saying something.

Regards

Neil

For thunderbird - if you wish to make the new machine your permanent 'home' then just locate the .thunderbird directory on the other partition (/home/user/.thunderbird) and copy it across to your acct - you may need to chown it but probably not. Launch thunderbird and you will have everything you had in the old one.
Same goes for most apps.
Tom te tom te tom