Re: [LUG] Phones

On Fri, 27 Sep 2013 15:45:23 +0000
Rob Beard <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Rob,

>To be fair, my Galaxy S3 is only a year old and that hasn't faired too
>well... eMMC issues, dodgy USB port (which has been in for repair but
>despite the replacement it didn't work).  My only hope seems to be

There are always going to be "Friday afternoon" jobs, meaning there's
the occasional item that's going to give grief, whoever the manufacturer
is.  The el cheapo Chinese jobs always use the cheapest of everything
they can get hold of.  That inevitably means quality of components is
low to start with.  Add to that rubbish manufacturing procedures and
you're in for a deal of trouble.

>(Generally I've been happy with Samsung phones, my original Galaxy S was

As am I.  With the exception of my son, we all have them.  Nothing
glamorous, we just want to make phone calls and send texts, so no camera
phones, no 'net connectivity, Bluetooth, etc.

>fine, 2 years old and still worked fine until I tried to replace the
>worn casing and broke it myself).

I know the feeling;  I've broken a few TV remote cases trying to prise
them apart.  Once you've done that, you go "Oh, *that's* how you get
in", because you can see all the lugs and where the case needs to be
pressed before prying it apart.  Unless, of course, they're actually
glued together.  Few seem to rely solely on screws.   :-(

--
 Regards  _
Stained glass windows keep the cold outside