Re: [LUG] Phones

> http://phoneblocks.com/
>
> Anyone else think this is a great idea ?

I suggest we do the same thing with computers. We could have stuck with ISA it was
good enough. Oh and stuck with AGP. No one needs to move buses on.

Here in lies the problem, it would be massively difficult to build a phone like
that, more difficult than producing a much better phone that people would prefer.
And harder still to make it flexibly upgradable.

Also purely by volume I suspect mobiles are far less of a problem in the waste
stream than other devices. Even if you change your mobile every 2 years you'll only
have 50 in 100 years, which is only around a kilo or two of waste, most of which
would be high value, even repairable and resellable if only 2 years old.