Re: [LUG] Phones

On Fri, 27 Sep 2013 11:04:04 +0100, George Parker

> When the generic smartphone I'm waiting for from China arrives I'll tell

> you if it looks like a brick.  As I understand it these cheap Chinese
> phones are possible because they are made up of fairly standard parts
> and they all look a bit boxy and non-descript, which is OK by me.  Take
> it one step further and standardise the footprint of the individual
> parts and you have phoneblocs.
>
> George

I'd be interested to know how well it works.  I've had e-mails from a
Chinese supplier of phones that look like clones of popular handsets like
the Galaxy S3, Galaxy S4 and iPhone 5.  They all appear to run Android and
they're much cheaper.

Saying that, Kogan (an Australian manufacturer of phones, tablets and
other electrical items) are bringing out two Android phones with reasonable
specs for Â119 and Â150...

http://www.kogan.com/uk/shop/phones/

Rob