Re: [LUG] Germany loves ubuntu...

On 24/09/2013 22:42, Martijn Grooten wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Sep 2013, Kevin Peat wrote:
 So they either don't use their
> computer a lot, or can't afford to buy a new one. That doesn't
> necessarily mean they'd find Ubuntu a struggle, though I guess the
> majority of them would.

Many folk use XP regularly, it suits them and they are not in position
to buy new.
A lot of older folk still have XP in use in my village. Which is
probably the Munich situation.

Commercially: I still have 3 XP machines in service at house along with
more up to date i7/Win7Pro machines. Company I contract to has over 4000
XP machines in service as at last week plus about 700 newer Win7. My
desktop at company has XP and Office 365 Outlook, other office 2010
programs, does what is wanted, docs, spreadsheets, email.
Only new employees ( or machine failure) get new Capital Cost stuff.
Budget constrains.
This is however probably a false economy, as lost time due problems is
more than capital costs.

--
regards
Eion MacDonald