Re: [LUG] Thoughts on crypto engineering

On Tue, 10 Sep 2013, Philip Hudson wrote:
I think this is actually a link from Martijn in an earlier message - open browser tab, can't recall when/how I opened it. Anyway:

Could have been me - it's a great blog by someone who really does understand crypto. It could also have been because that post itself became news yesterday:

http://arstechnica.com/security/2013/09/crypto-prof-asked-to-remove-nsa-related-blog-post/

Anyway, he's not particularly kind on OpenSSL either...

Speaking of Linux and crypto/randomness, here's Linus's not-so-subtle response to a petition asking to remove a particular RNG:

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/linus-torvalds-remove-rdrand-from-dev-random-4/responses/9066

Martijn.