[LUG] Thoughts on crypto engineering

I think this is actually a link from Martijn in an earlier message - open browser tab, can't recall when/how I opened it. Anyway:

"Of the libraries above, Microsoft is probably due for the most scrutiny. While Microsoft employs good (and paranoid!) people to vet their algorithms, their ecosystem is obviously deeply closed-source. You can view Microsoft's code (if you sign enough licensing agreements) but you'll never build it yourself. Moreover they have the market share. If any commercial vendor is weakening encryption systems, Microsoft is probably the most likely suspect."

Somebody remind me why it's wrong to assume that Microsoft will always do evil because it will always be evil.

http://blog.cryptographyengineering.com/2013/09/on-nsa.html

--
Phil Hudson                  http://hudson-it.no-ip.biz
@UWascalWabbit                 PGP/GnuPG ID: 0x887DCA63