Re: [LUG] Software Freedom Day is VERY soon.

1: "Hello, welcome to software freedom day, do you have any questions?"
2: "Hello, yes I have one question. How can I get involved with Linux?"
1: "You can create packages, write documentation, design icons and themes, attend LUG meets and help the community"
2: "I like to maintain packages, who should i speak to for more information?"
1: "Come with me and I will introduce you to him."
2: "Hey package maintainer guy, I want to get involved with the community and help by maintaining packages, can you offer any advice?"
1: "ohh i am sorry, he didn't want to come to our silly meetings... Perhaps you'd like to hear my theory on the inner workings of a black hole instead."

UNITE - It would be great to meet the faces behind the mails, we all have a story to share and collectively we are quite a force... It is the right time for foss to become under the spot light, with so many issues with security, trust and censorship online that this may well be the last year we get to keep our online freedoms and the web the way we knew, know and known it. It is changing, so are the devices we use to connect to it.
It's the Linux users social event of the year!!! Lets all invite a friend or two and enjoy some tea and biscuits in the last of the summer sun.

Kind Regards