Re: [LUG] Power supplies - do they have transformers

On 06/09/13 09:31, raymond.knowles@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi Tom,

Not sure what 'standard' means in this context.

The answer is some do, some don't. The big giveaway is the
weight.
If it seems astonishingly light, then there is no
conventional
transformer therein.

I have a quantity of
'surplus' 200VA transformers which could
be doubled or
trebled up to deliver 500VA.
What volts and amps do you
require?
Does it need smoothing?
What would it power?
Motors, lamps, electronics, something else?

Give me a bell
and we can sort out the details.

Regards etc,
Ray.