Re: [LUG] Power supplies - do they have transformers

Not the traditional big iron type of transformer. They are all switch mode design
which is Way more efficient ( no iron loss) and can cope with a range of input
voltages. The only transformers they have are either air core or ferrite core ones
used as part of the buck/ fly back converter so these are small and cheap and the
switching mosfets are also cheap hence the price difference between smps and big
iron transformers

Best regards
Robin Cornelius