Re: [LUG] Command-line: jump to arbitrary parent dir from deeply nested dir (bash)

On Tue, 3 Sep 2013, Matt Lee wrote:

Define "standard".

And let's not forget that Linux is all about choice. I choose to program in
BASIC, use (t)csh, Vi(m) and Alpine.

Tongue-in-cheek -- all the programs I referred to are the results of
the announced features of the GNU OS.

Embedded stuff might well use different things, but those are the
standard parts of the OS.

Vim is a standard part of my OS. Emacs is not loaded as standard on Debian (but vim-tiny is, go-figure). Csh was standard on SunOS. It was good enough for me 25 years ago, so I use it today.

I'm not personally wedded to the whole Gnu thing either. There are parts of it that really piss me off, but I can't be bothered to do anything about it right now. I'll use what tools I like using, not what some zealot tells me to use.

Gordon