Re: [LUG] Odd behaviour

On Aug 11, 2013, bad apple wrote:
> On 11/08/13 09:20, Tony Sumner wrote:
> > NO_PUBKEY 85A3D26506C4AE2A
>
> Ok, you should be able to fix your key issue with:
>
> gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key 06C4AE2A
> gpg -a --export 06C4AE2A | sudo apt-key add -
>
> This will import your missing key. Re-run apt-get update && apt-get
> dist-upgrade, watching for missing key warnings again.

Thanks for the long and informative article. I had installed Wheezy from a
CD onto a spare HD and the reason why I couldn't change the resolution
was that 'System Settings' is missing. You are supposed to click on this
and select 'Display' but there is nothing there. This came into focus
when I decided to try the dist-upgrade route on my wife's PC (which is
just as important but less critical). So today I upgraded it from Squeeze
to Wheezy and it all appeared to go smoothly and iceweasel works ok with
no problem  (Mozilla have dropped the key for Squeeze only). The
only thing wrong is that I can't change the resolution; 'System Settings'
is not there. This seems to be a feature of Wheezy so as far as my own
PC is concerned I am staying squeezed until Debian gets it sorted.