Re: [LUG] Banking trojan targeting Linux

On Thu, 8 Aug 2013, Daniel Robinson wrote:
Running your vm on encrypted vm drives makes any data on your computer unreadable
unless you work for nsa/gchq ;-)

Well, it depends how you use encryption.

I always use it in a way so that I, and programs I run, can also read the data on my computer when I'm using it. I find that rather useful. It does introduce an important attack vector though.

How parranoid do you have to be to think you downloaded malware from debian stable
repositories i don't know but i am pretty sure my vm is clean everytime i fire up the
snapshot.

Well, these things do happen:

http://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2013/08/07/openx-ad-servers-pre-compromised-official-distro-contained-remote-code-backdoor/

Martijn