Re: [LUG] Banking trojan targeting Linux

Running your vm on encrypted vm drives makes any data on your computer unreadable unless you work for nsa/gchq ;-)
using very strong unguessable passwords is a must as im sure everyone here does... If anyone would like some help with creating strong passwords i have a good document that i typed up for that which i am happy to share.
How parranoid do you have to be to think you downloaded malware from debian stable repositories i don't know but i am pretty sure my vm is clean everytime i fire up the snapshot.
My only advice is... Do all your browsing/downloading through a vm snapshot. Move downloaded content to your file server which should be checking the content as soon as it is written to disk. Make secure but easy to remember passwords, notice passwords not password. Encrypt everything, be a TOR endpoint, back up your back ups, checksum and scan for virus' if you must but above all, dont worry be happy.