Re: [LUG] Alpine Folder Switching

On Tue, 30 Jul 2013, Gordon Henderson wrote:
On Tue, 30 Jul 2013, davidson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

i've set up filtering rules, in alpine, in Setup > Rules > Filters
to filter new messages out of INBOX and save them to appropriate
folders.

there seem to be some unexpected (by me) side effects. i see a lot
of triplicate messages in the target folders.

I abandoned (al)pine's filtering due to this. What happens is that
the messages get fildered and marked for deletion in your INBOX but
not actually deleted.. So if you run alpin again, (without quitting
the first one), they get filtered again.. and again.. etc.

thank you so much for explaining that.  that has been bothering me a
long time.

so restricting the rule to match only not-deleted messages ought to
fix the problem.

that is awesome.

thanks again,
wes