Re: [LUG] Alpine Folder Switching

On Tue, 30 Jul 2013, davidson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

i've set up filtering rules, in alpine, in Setup > Rules > Filters to
filter new messages out of INBOX and save them to appropriate folders.

there seem to be some unexpected (by me) side effects. i see a lot of
triplicate messages in the target folders.

I abandoned (al)pine's filtering due to this. What happens is that the messages get fildered and marked for deletion in your INBOX but not actually deleted.. So if you run alpin again, (without quitting the first one), they get filtered again.. and again.. etc.

So I moved all my filtering to procmail.

Gordon