Re: [LUG] Alpine Folder Switching

On Tue, 30 Jul 2013, wes wrote:
looking in my .pinerc, i saw this:

# List of incoming msg folders besides INBOX, e.g. ={host2}inbox,
# {host3}inbox
# Syntax: optnl-label {optnl-imap-host-name}folder-path
incoming-folders=

and trying this...

incoming-folders=lolcats /home/user/work/secret/lol/cats, dcglug /home/user/spam/dcglug

...made the labels 'lolcats' and 'dcglug' show up in folder lists and
in tab completions.

D'oh. I should have been able to figure out myself that optnl-label is the (optional) label for a folder. It works. :-)

if i go to Folder List > Incoming-Folders, and hit 'A' for Add, i get
three prompts: one for the server, one for the path, and finally one
for the nickname.

depending on your definition of manual, this may or may not be less
manual than editing .pinerc with an external tool.

Thanks. I think adding them manually to .pinerc is just as easy. It's not like I add new folders on a daily basis.

Martijn.